Taking place during the 14th World ADC San Diego, the 10th World ADC Awards* reunited
both newcomers and leaders of the antibody-drug conjugate industry this October 18, 2023.
Celebrating a decade of honoring the very best in the development of antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), hundreds of attendees shared in a special gala for the 10th World ADC Awards.
Hosted by the team behind the 14th World ADC San Diego, the 10th World ADC Awards, organized in partnership with Ambrix, welcomed both newcomers and leaders of the ADC industry.
The ceremony, held on October 18, 2023 in Sand Diego, CA, offered a perfect opportunity to recognize recent successes, long-term commitment to the field and upcoming pioneers who have gone above and beyond to ensure the continued success of ADCs.
With over 1,000 votes casted and many scientific proposals drafted, the expert judging panel selected the winners and runners up across 10 categories highlighting amazing individual work, extraordinary endeavors, teamwork, and commercial acumen.
This year, the winners included:
Best ADC Platform Technology
- Winner: LegoChem Biosciences
- Runner Up: Catalent (SMARTag)
- Shortlisted: Abzena, Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, Genequantum Healthcare,
WuXi XDC, Synaffix
Most Promising Clinical Candidate
- Winner: enfortumab vedotin (Padcev®) – Seagen/Astellas
- Runners Up: BL-B01D1 (SystImmune), patritumab deruxtecan (Daiichi Sankyo)
- Shortlisted: ARX788 (Ambrx), datopotamab deruxtecan (AstraZeneca and Daiichi
Sankyo), farletuzumab ecteribulin (Eisai/Bristol Myers-Squibb), ziloveramab
vedotin (Merck & Co/MSD)
Best New Drug Developer
- Winner: Exelixis
- Runner Up: Duality Biologics
- Shortlisted: Ambrx, Eisai, Genequantum Healthcare, Iksuda Therapeutics
Best Contract Research Organization
- Winner: NJ Bio, Inc.
- Runner Up: Charles River Laboratories
- Shortlisted: Abzena, ChemExpress, Eurofins, PPD, Pharmaron, Sterling Pharma
Best Contract Manufacturing Development Organization
- Winner: WuXi XDC
- Runners Up: Lonza, BSP Pharmaceuticals
- Shortlisted: Axplora, MilliporeSigma, Piramal Pharma Solutions
Best ADC Preclinical Publication 2022
- Winner: Discovery of BT8009: A Nectin-4 Targeting Bicycle Toxin Conjugate for the Treatment of Cancer
- Runner Up: Targeting LRRC15 Inhibits Metastatic Dissemination of Ovarian Cancer
Best ADC Clinical Publication 2022
- Winner: Trastuzumab deruxtecan in Previously Treated HER2-Positive Breast Cancer 
- Runner Up: Trastuzumab Deruxtecan versus Trastuzumab Emtansine for Breast
Outstanding Academic Investigator Award
- Winner: Nathan Tumey, Ph.D., Assistant Graduate Director and Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences; Binghampton University.
The George R Pettit Individual Input to the Field Award
- Winner: Shanu Modi, MD, A medical oncologist focusing on the care of patients with breast cancer; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Long Standing Contribution to the Field Award
- Winner: Puja Sapra, Ph.D, Senior Vice President, Biologics Engineering & Oncology Targeted Delivery at AstraZeneca.
Note: * Each year, the organizers of the World ADC Awards together with a panel of independent judges which includes scientists, researchers, and drug developers who are progressing ADCs to the front line as life-changing treatments for those patients diagnosed with cancer.
 Modi S, Saura C, Yamashita T, Park YH, Kim SB, Tamura K, Andre F, Iwata H, Ito Y, Tsurutani J, Sohn J, Denduluri N, Perrin C, Aogi K, Tokunaga E, Im SA, Lee KS, Hurvitz SA, Cortes J, Lee C, Chen S, Zhang L, Shahidi J, Yver A, Krop I; DESTINY-Breast01 Investigators. Trastuzumab Deruxtecan in Previously Treated HER2-Positive Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020 Feb 13;382(7):610-621. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1914510. Epub 2019 Dec 11. PMID: 31825192; PMCID: PMC7458671. [Article]
 Cortés J, Kim SB, Chung WP, Im SA, Park YH, Hegg R, Kim MH, Tseng LM, Petry V, Chung CF, Iwata H, Hamilton E, Curigliano G, Xu B, Huang CS, Kim JH, Chiu JWY, Pedrini JL, Lee C, Liu Y, Cathcart J, Bako E, Verma S, Hurvitz SA; DESTINY-Breast03 Trial Investigators. Trastuzumab Deruxtecan versus Trastuzumab Emtansine for Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2022 Mar 24;386(12):1143-1154. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2115022. PMID: 35320644. [Article]