A Phase II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin (BV) in the Treatment of Elderly Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL) Patients at First Relapse or With Primary Refractory Disease. (FIL BVHD01) (NCT02227433)
This is a single-arm, open-label, multicenter, clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of brentuximab vedotin as a single agent in elderly patients at first relapse or with primary refractory HL.
In this trial, brentuximab vedotin will be administered as a single IV infusion on Day 1 of each 21-day cycle. Measures of anti-cancer activity will be assessed using the revised response criteria for malignant lymphoma (Cheson et al. 2007).
Computed tomography (CT) scans (chest, neck, abdomen, and pelvis) will be performed at baseline and Cycles 4, 8, 12, and 16 and positron emission tomography (PET) scans will be done at baseline and Cycles 4, 8, 12 and 16. Patients will have an End of Treatment (EOT) assessment 30 ± 7 days after receiving their final dose of study drug. Long-term follow-up assessments (including survival and disease status information) will be performed every 12 weeks until either patient death or study closure, whichever occurs first. Patients who discontinue study treatment with stable disease or better will have CT scans done every 12 weeks until disease progression.
- To determine the antitumor efficacy of single-agent brentuximab vedotin (BV) (1.8 mg/kg administered intravenously every 3 weeks) as measured by the overall objective response rate in elderly patients at first relapse or with primary refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL).
- To assess duration of tumor control, including duration of response and progression-free survival
- To assess the safety and tolerability of brentuximab vedotin.
- To assess disease-related symptoms Study Population Eligible patients are those with first relapsed or primary refractory elderly Hodgkin lymphoma. Patients must also have histologically-confirmed CD30-positive disease, fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG)-avid and measurable disease of at least 1.5 cm, an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1, and adequate hematologic, kidney, and liver function. Eligible patients must not previously have been treated with brentuximab vedotin, patients must not have congestive heart failure, known cerebral/meningeal disease, or any active viral, bacterial, or fungal infection requiring treatment with antimicrobial therapy within 2 weeks prior to first study dose.
This trial is sponsored by Fondazione Italiana Linfomi ONLUS 
- Condition: Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Phase: II
- Estimated Enrollment: 20
- Start: September 2014
- Estimated Completion: April 2018
- Last verified: August 2014
Last Editorial review: July 15, 2016
Information based on ClinicalTrials.gov (NIH/NCI) and other sources.
Copyright © 2015 InPress Media Group. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of InPress Media Group content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of InPress Media Group. InPress Media Group shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. ADC Review / Journal of Antibody-drug Conjugates is a registered trademarks and trademarks of InPress Media Group around the world.